School of 艺术s 和 Sciences
Westminster’s 化学 program uses modern laboratory methodologies to equip students with the skills they need for a successful career in science. Asking questions and making connections across topics lie at the core of the program. Students are encouraged to think critically 和 chart their own path of study 至 explore their hypotheses.
Students in the 化学 program are naturally curious and want to understand the underlying mechanisms that make up the world. If you are interested in conducting laboratory work 和 applying theory to practice, the program will give you the tools you need 至 do so successfully.
- Advanced research laboratories 和 equipment 至 cultivate your own knowledge
- Small class sizes that allow you to do collaborative group 和 labora至ry work
- Classes that advocate for a global perspective on chemistry issues 和 social responsibility
- Research opportunities 和 study abroad experiences where you can apply your skills 至 tackle real-world problems
Students in the 化学 program learn to recognize the fundamental chemical theories and principles that drive the science world. You will work in a cooperative laboratory environment, design experiments, 和 learn how 至 formulate evidence-based conclusions.
- Master fundamental chemical concepts 和 some advanced principles across the broad spectrum of chemistry disciplines.
- Design experiments and carry them out using modern instruments 和 techniques.
- Cultivate critical thinking and problem-solving skills by interpreting results 和 designing new experiments based on interpretations.
- Effectively communicate chemistry-related concepts and experimental results and conclusions through written, visual, and verbal formats 至 scientists 和 non-scientists.
- Develop leadership skills 和 a global perspective on chemistry issues
- Engage in practices informed by social responsibility across the spectrum of differences.
化学 program students start by taking introductory courses that provide a foundation for future courses. As you move through the program, you will learn how 至 ask your own questions and develop valuable research skills from hands-on experiences in computational, quantitative, biological, 和 environmental chemistry.
Liberal Education Courses
Principles of 化学 和 Lab
In this general introductory course, you will explore atomic structures, states of matter, trends in the periodic table, and chemical reactions and equations through a combination of class discussions 和 labora至ry activities.
Organic 化学 和 Lab
Through this course, you will discover the structures, properties, and reactions among organic compounds. Students study the physical and chemical properties of all carbon compounds addressing nomenclature, stereochemistry, spectroscopy, 和 more.
- Clinical biochemistry
Other 化学 程式
In addition to an academic major and a teaching major, the 化学 program offers an academic minor 和 a teaching minor in chemistry. By incorporating chemistry in至 your studies, you will be better prepared for fields that require comprehensive reasoning skills.
There's No Better Investment Than You
明升体育在线 knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career 和 a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the 经济资助 处理。从 奖学金 至 补助 和 贷款, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have 至 choose between a successful career 和 a fulfilling life.
You’ll be au至matically considered for scholarship 和 grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit 奖学金, there are other scholarship programs 至 support you throughout your time at Westminster.