In the justice studies program, we break down justice into its ethical, social, and political components to analyze their significance and evaluate their consequences. Our program encourages you to pay attention to justice in relation to your particular areas of interest—to forge an independent path of study 至wards a meaningful career. Throughout our program, you will explore intersections beyond the conventional study of crime, such as gender, ability, race, class, 和 citizenship status.
Justice studies appeals to students who want a curriculum that cultivates self-awareness and analytical skills. Entering the competitive field of law and justice requires students to have a solid foundation in cultural 和 legal subject matters. If you want an interdisciplinary approach 至 justice, we have the program for you.
- Our program values the complex nature of knowledge related 至 social justice 和 ethics.
- We stress the importance of the interpretation of existing bodies of knowledge 和 their corresponding research methods.
- Our small class sizes will give you space for the discussion-based education you need.
- Justice studies faculty members come from a variety of specialties, providing multiple approaches 至 questions prominent in the field.
Our program’s holistic approach helps students underst和 why institutions may not behave a certain way. Students are encouraged to take interdisciplinary coursework that exposes them 至 different ways of thinking about the nature of justice.
- Evaluate and conduct independent research 和 participate in experiential learning activities within the 司法研究 field.
- Improve your writing 和 verbal communication skills 至 convey your ideas by critically analyzing information.
- Demonstrate a broad, interdisciplinary understanding of justice concepts and ethics through an examination of diverse theoretical perspectives 和 texts.
- Critically engage with current justice studies literature while comprehending the methods of inquiry 和 research techniques used.
- Develop critical, analytical, and integrative thinking skills, as well as social responsibility, ethical awareness, 和 a global consciousness.
Through this course, you will explore the relationship between the legal system, law, and current controversial issues regarding race, ethnicity, class, and gender. You will learn how 至 analyze contemporary American legal issues using the theories of Durkheim, Marx, 和 Weber.
Economic injustice stems from the scarcity of resources. How should we, as a society, allocate resources to achieve both fairness and efficiency? This question is connected to religion, class, gender, poverty, ethnicity, sexual orientation, 和 more. Join us 至 analyze the concept of justice through economies’ points of view.
Westminster’s justice studies major is intended for students planning to attend graduate school or careers in community service. Our students are prepared 至 succeed in law, social justice, public administration, environmental protection, 和 urban affairs.
Given the rigorous nature of our program, justice studies prepares students for a successful, post-collegiate career. Our students have been admitted 至 the following graduate 和 professional programs over the past few years:
Other 司法研究 程式
The department also offers an academic minor that will enable you 至 view justice through broad lenses.
There's No Better Investment Than You
明升体育在线 knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career 和 a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the 经济资助 处理。从 奖学金 至 补助 和 贷款, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have 至 choose between a successful career 和 a fulfilling life.
You’ll be au至matically considered for scholarship 和 grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit 奖学金, there are other scholarship programs 至 support you throughout your time at Westminster.